Tuesday, May 05, 2009

King Tut



What fun! I really had never thought about it but if things were buried in a tomb in the desert, they really look pretty good even after 3,000 years. I had to keep reminding myself that the beautiful objects I was looking at at the King Tut exhibit on Saturday were 3,000 years old. Many of them were painted wood which I would have thought would have disintegrated into dust many thousands of years ago. But there they were - with the paint bright. I was left with a lot of questions, but there's always Google. I already found out that the king's mummy is in a sealed glass box in Cairo.

The rest of the weekend was wonderful too. I got to drive to Dallas and back with my friend, Dee, and I probably talked too much like I always do in the car. If there's no one with me, I just talk to myself. She seemed to be okay with it, thank goodness. I got on the subject of sociopathic killers because we watched "The Dark Knight" after we got home from seeing King Tut. I'm not sure why, but I have a bit of a fascination with sociopathic people. I've had some in my life and that's probably why. I have a theory that most of them go unnoticed and cause massive amounts of trouble for others.

It was great to be with my daughter and her family too. I am so blessed to have such a great family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Silly woman. I'll ride shotgun with you anytime (or even do some of the driving). Love you & had a great time.

Blog Archive