I went to see her today to take her some magazines that she likes to look at and for a meeting of her caregivers. It turns out the meeting isn't until tomorrow but it was a perfect time for some pictures. Bridget is almost 38 years old and has multiple disabilities. She lives just about a mile from my house in a house she rents with a roommate. Her story is too long to tell here, but she came to our family as a foster child when she was four months old. Her mother had Rubella when she was pregnant which caused Bridget to have vision and hearing loss as well as brain damage. She is enjoying her life, though, which makes me happy too.
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (55)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (158)
- 365 Project
- 365 Project
- Today I attended a workshop put on by my friend, ...
- Here's the collage I made in January that represe...
- Serenity Experiment Update
- This is a house down the street and I envy the la...
- Initiation of the Dead
- Behind the offices of my counselor is this lovely...
- As a memento of our time together, each of us who...
- Say hello to Shorty and Snowball - who are hopefu...
- My friend, Eric, is visiting today. He has beco...
- Here's my daughter, Bridget and her bedroom. I ...
- Lomi Lomi
- Not everyone has a dentist with such fabulous lan...
- Serenity is not what I'm feeling this morning. I'...
- A Picture a Day
- Anger Remedy
- Another Serenity Experiment Update
- Here I am with one of my daughters. All my kids...
- More on King Tut
- Serenity Experiment update
- King Tut
- ▼ May (26)
- ► 2008 (109)
- ► 2007 (51)