Monday, May 11, 2009
So, I am just back from the nutritionist and boy did I get an education in just an hour. It turns out that if you eat when you're not hungry and/or wait to eat until you are way, way too hungry, your body doesn't bother using what you eat for energy. It just immediately turns it into fat. So, as long as I eat only when I'm hungry (and not wait until I'm too hungry), eat 80 grams of high quality protein and seven servings of fruit and vegetables per day, increase my exercise, etc., I should be able to eat whatever else I want and not gain weight. Hmmm. I think the catch is eating only when hungry. BUT it is really wonderful to know exactly what I need to eat and how! Much peace of mind. As it has been, I eat pretty healthy food. But I never know if I'm doing what I should or not. Now I will at least know what I should be doing!!!
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (55)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (158)
- 365 Project
- 365 Project
- Today I attended a workshop put on by my friend, ...
- Here's the collage I made in January that represe...
- Serenity Experiment Update
- This is a house down the street and I envy the la...
- Initiation of the Dead
- Behind the offices of my counselor is this lovely...
- As a memento of our time together, each of us who...
- Say hello to Shorty and Snowball - who are hopefu...
- My friend, Eric, is visiting today. He has beco...
- Here's my daughter, Bridget and her bedroom. I ...
- Lomi Lomi
- Not everyone has a dentist with such fabulous lan...
- Serenity is not what I'm feeling this morning. I'...
- A Picture a Day
- Anger Remedy
- Another Serenity Experiment Update
- Here I am with one of my daughters. All my kids...
- More on King Tut
- Serenity Experiment update
- King Tut
- ▼ May (26)
- ► 2008 (109)
- ► 2007 (51)