Monday, May 11, 2009

Aha

So, I am just back from the nutritionist and boy did I get an education in just an hour. It turns out that if you eat when you're not hungry and/or wait to eat until you are way, way too hungry, your body doesn't bother using what you eat for energy. It just immediately turns it into fat. So, as long as I eat only when I'm hungry (and not wait until I'm too hungry), eat 80 grams of high quality protein and seven servings of fruit and vegetables per day, increase my exercise, etc., I should be able to eat whatever else I want and not gain weight. Hmmm. I think the catch is eating only when hungry. BUT it is really wonderful to know exactly what I need to eat and how! Much peace of mind. As it has been, I eat pretty healthy food. But I never know if I'm doing what I should or not. Now I will at least know what I should be doing!!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Aha is right!

Blog Archive