Tuesday, September 07, 2010

If You Spot it, You Got It

Such an irritating truth that I learned in the program and then have heard it in a lot of other places too. Anything I criticize or judge someone else for, I have or have had myself. It's called "projection." Takes all the fun out of self-righteously taking someone else's inventory. I've been mentally going over some resentments I have, identifying the judgment I have of the other person and then looking at myself for the same behaviors, etc. Unfortunately, so far I haven't been able to escape - in some form or another I have them all. Grrr. Either I have to accept them in myself or correct them in myself. A rather annoying spiritual principle. Spiritual axiom: Whenever I am disturbed, no matter what the cause, there's something wrong with me. Although annoying, it also brings peace.

No comments:

Blog Archive