Sunday, March 28, 2010

Serenity experiment

Right after the three days of snow, spring sprung! The Bradford Pears are blooming, the jonquils are too and so is the mold. None of the antihistamines work very well on my mold allergy so I get to practice patience. I'm glad I learned to tell the difference between an upper respiratory infection and a severe allergy attack. With allergies, vitamin C and rest don't help at all. Patience and Sudafed...

The serenity experiment continues. I would have to look back at posts to determine how long this experiment has been going on. But it's at least a year. I've had a few days of serenity due to working the steps on sloth. Once I cleared my mind of clutter with the steps, I'm usually up by 8:00 at the latest and recently have been up before 6:00. I've realized that I have about four hours of energy per day. I know, that's pitiful. But that's what I've got. The best I can do right now is to surrender to reality and try to gradually increase the time. Surrendering to reality includes tight prioritizing so that during the four hours a day I have, I do the the most important things. Which, of course, leads to deciding what are the most important things. I'm much less likely to spend time pulling the weeds out of the cracks in the driveway and much more likely to spend time with the people I love!

"We can do anything. Just not all at once." Melody Beattie. 52 Weeks of Conscious Contact.

No comments:

Blog Archive