Friday, March 12, 2010

Wimps and Cowboys

I know I'm old because I'm starting to have a historical perspective on politics. Democrats are wimps and Republicans are cowboys - usually. I think Lyndon Johnson was a cowboy, though, and he was a Democrat. The idea of trying to persuade someone to your point of view with the argument that it's the right thing to do is considered wimpy or weak. A cowboy would just threaten to hurt the person to persuade. Also, it seems that listening to points of view other than one's own is considered wimpy. A cowboy would decide on a point of view based on his or her best interests and just try to mow down any opposition. I could go on and on but I won't. During my lifetime, I've seen numerous examples of these two types. At least where I come from the prevailing view is that cowboys are to be respected, but not wimps. It's hard to be a wimp. But I am one.

1 comment:

Liz said...

LOL! I might be a cowboy who sometimes acts like a wimp.

Blog Archive