Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Perspectives

I read somewhere once - it may have been some kind of Eastern philosophy - that there are some people who would try to solve the problem of stones hurting their feet by covering the whole world in leather, but it's easier to wear shoes. It's amazing to me how long I went through life thinking that my problems were other people and circumstances and so the people and circumstances had to be changed before the problems could be solved (I wanted to cover the earth in leather to protect my feet.). Finally, several years ago, I learned that there's always something I, myself, can do to solve my problems or at least make them less difficult. In truth, that's how the whole world works. It does, however, make me a wimp instead of a cowboy in some people's eyes. (see a previous post)

No comments:

Blog Archive