Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cautious Optimism

I think, I hope that I'm back to what passes for normal with me and can start to do something besides sleep and eat again.  The bug I had was vicious and I felt really sorry for myself until I heard what other people had been going through.  It has just taken me longer to get back on my feet than I could ever have imagined.  However, I can now put away the Christmas decorations since everyone I had presents for has gotten their presents. Plus I can get back to my real job - which is getting my book written.  I've finished part one of one story - wonderful and yay for me.  I've written enough now to have a sense of how much more I need to write - I figure I'm about 1/8th of the way finished.  I love the flow of it - I'm not stuck worrying about this and that about how I should do it.  I'm just writing it (and going back and editing earlier stuff as I go along).  I've decided that my goal is to get the writing done and do something with what I've written by the end of this year.  I will have a lot better idea of what else I want to do with the rest of my life once that's done.

Until I finish the writing, I'm not worrying about whatever else I should be doing.  The ongoing work of advocacy for my kids (40ish adults) is time consuming, but there will be an end to some of it at some point.  I continue with that but the writing always comes first.  The only thing I lack in that department is getting my lap top to work right so I can email stuff to myself.  The email isn't working, and I hate to take it back (again) to where I bought it.  I've annoyed that poor guy until he probably hates to see me walk in the door.  My idea is to leave the house and go to where there's free WiiFi and write where I can't get up and do laundry or something.  I will get a lot more accomplished, I'm sure. 

So Step 1 toward my goal really needs to be:  get my laptop email working.  Hmmm.

No comments:

Blog Archive