Saturday, December 12, 2009

Change

"A gentle, open prayer for help and of thanksgiving surely will help pave the way for change. We don't need to make it sa struggle or an epic. Our prayer can be a gradual, gentle process." Drop the Rock.

I love the programs' Steps 6 and 7. It's the first time I ever knew that I could change with the help of God. Of course, I didn't realize that it's a lifetime process - maybe a little like an epic even though the quote above says it's not. Right now I have several new people I'm working with and they are all terribly nuts like new people are. I'm having a hard time being empathetic. Then I realized (thanks to some re-reading of Drop the Rock - a book on Steps 6 & 7) that when there are character defects in me that need to be changed, I will suddenly be surrounded by people with those same defects and they will irritate me to death. Hmmmm. I hate it but it's true.

No comments:

Blog Archive