Here is Miss Figgy - my "fig" tree (ficus) that I've had since 1980. She is an icon for me - representing miracles. She survived my drinking, and when I got into recovery she only had a few leaves. One of the first things I learned to do was to be responsible for the living things in my house. Then she survived the fire we had in 2000, thanks to friends who cleaned soot off all her poor little leaves, repotted her and brought her back when we moved back into the house. I try to tell her frequently how much I appreciate her hanging in there with me.
"When you and I are one with God, have aligned our will with the will of God, we know joy. We know this fully, that all is well. No harm can befall us." Each Day a New Beginning
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (55)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (158)
- How Can We Make Our Lives Better
- Grocery Store
- Every gun that is made, every warship launched, ...
- Sunday at the Park
- Farmer's Market Day
- Mary Ann VanWinkle
- New Toy
- I've been taking some pretty bad pictures the la...
- Last winter I got annoyed with the squirrels stea...
- Kristin on the carousel at Casa Bonita's. This wa...
- My white silk quilt is supposed to go to the clean...
- 365 Project - Miss Figgy
- More 365 Project - 4th of July weekend
- Here's another chandelier and and the art work at ...
- 365 Project
- ▼ July (23)
- ► 2008 (109)
- ► 2007 (51)