Saturday, October 30, 2010

Do Your Chores First

My grandmother told me when I was eleven or twelve years old, that I should do my chores first and then have fun.  That philosophy seemed so very right that I've held on to it for - what would that be - almost 60 years.  The thing is almost all of the fun I've had during that period of time has been done with a certain amount of guilt because I was pretty sure I wasn't entirely done with ALL the chores I needed to do.  I've decided that I'm not going to have that philsophy any more because of my endless to-do list.  I will either live forever and get my to-do list done some day or I'll die with part of it left feeling guilty.  Whatever fun there is in the after life would be polluted with guilt!  My new philosophy is that fun comes first.  When I'm done having fun, then I will do my chores.  This is absolutely important because at almost 70, I'm a little short of unpolluted-with-guilt fun and MUST catch up!

1 comment:

Liz said...

LOL! I still do my chores first...mostly. But chores are never things on my to do list, they are the necessary things like: shower, dress, eat, tidy up, etc. My to do list always includes things that are fun!

Blog Archive