Friday, May 28, 2010

Serenity Experiment Update

Here's one thing I know for sure: the longer I work on something the more it evolves into something else entirely. Let's see if I can explain a little about the evolution of the serenity experiment. I thought what I needed was self-discipline, and that has gotten better as I worked on it. However, as I worked on self-discipline the tireder (is that a word?), I got. So, on some good advice, I just tried to arrange my day according to what my heart told me to do. I'm a lot happier and have more energy and am getting more done. Now, I can't kid myself - I'm still not organized, but what the hell. It turns out that my heart is a lot smarter than my mind. It's a good idea to do what will cause negative consequences if it's not done. My mind tells me that too but for some reason, caring about myself and therefore avoiding negative consequences is a lot more motivating than what my mind tells me. Hmmm. I may be on to something here. It surely may not be a motivator for everybody but it is working extremely well for me.

No comments:

Blog Archive