Sunday, May 09, 2010

365 Project - this week

You will notice that there are no pictures posted here. That's because I forgot to take them. Grrr. So here's what I missed.

- I should have taken a picture at the press conference we had commemorating the 25th anniversary of the filing of our class action lawsuit that resulted in a system of services for more severely disabled people. It didn't get a lot of play on the news but whatever. This is the year that the institution will be torn down - maybe we can try again then. We want to take every opportunity to try to persuade the public to believe that our sons and daughters are human beings and deserve to be treated as such.

- I should have taken a picture with my son, Minky, and myself at our mother's day lunch. He had picked out a terrific present for me and he had fish and chips at applebee's like I always do.

- I should have taken a picture with Lynn, Kristin and myself at our mother's day lunch. We would have had to get it in between Kristin's melt downs but it was great that they came out even though Kristin wasn't feeling that great.

- I should have taken a picture of Kristi and myself at the newly expanded Cherry Street Farmers Market. I came home with a bunch of plants and spinach and cilantro. The best part was getting to re-connect with Kristi. She has been in school and working and has been in love.

No comments:

Blog Archive