From what I saw on CNN last night, there are social psychologists that study things like optimism and pessimism. (I would rather they study something more important for the species like what ways of parenting yield the best outcomes.) It seems that pessimists are right more often than optimists but optimists are happier. Pessimists also live longer because they are on guard and anticipate trouble (but optimists are happier).
I'm thinking I want to be an optimist; hoping for the best, but at the same time look ahead and plan for escaping possible disaster. Best of both worlds.
- ► 2014 (25)
- How to Make Sure You Follow Through on Making Chan...
- It's Possible to Never Have Another Argument Again...
- Stuff that It's a very Bad Idea to do in Relations...
- Stuff that it's a Very Bad Idea to do in Relations...
- Stuff that It's a Very Bad Idea to Do in Relations...
- Hope for the Best; Plan for the Worst
- Looking Back I See the Pattern of God's Grace
- ▼ March (7)
- ► 2012 (55)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (158)
- ► 2009 (218)
- ► 2008 (109)
- ► 2007 (51)