Friday, April 29, 2011

Tornadoes

I live in what's called, "tornado alley" because we have so many of them.  But it looks like the southeast part of the U.S is what's getting the historic tornadoes.  It reminds me of the April of 1976 when my mother and grandmother died in a tornado.  It was another of those big ones that was a mile wide and stayed on the ground for miles.  However, it came down in the country so there were only three deaths.  People ask me if I'm scared of storms and oddly, I'm not.  There was absolutely nothing my mother and grandmother could have done to escape.  The third death was a woman who was in her basement and was pulled up along with her whole house.  So, if it's your time, it's your time.  Being killed in a tornado is an interesting way to go and it saves a long illness, and it's nobody's fault.  I'm not saying I'd like to go that way but it's on my list of not-too-bad-ways.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Ok, so I am sort of laughing...because I have the same thoughts about tornadoes. Hmmmm

Blog Archive