Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Being the Best

Yesterday I talked to Alexis who is the new home supervisor for my son and his roommate. Both of them are disabled and need to have help 24/7 although they work and take care of the housework, etc. Alexis is responsible for seeing that they get to work on time, get to the doctor, get to their other activities, etc. As I was talking to her she said that she told the agency she works for that she wanted to be the best home supervisor they'd ever had. That idea really appeals to my imagination. It's not the first time I've heard it. I was at a conference once where the interpreter for people who were deaf was just amazing. I talked to him and he said he had decided to try to be the best interpreter there ever was. You could certainly tell that this was his ambition. Then Coach Broyles (Arkansas) and his daughters had the same ambition in caring for Mrs. Broyles who had Alzheimer's. The results were amazing.

Now I'm trying to figure out how I can use this idea for myself. What do I want to be the best at? More later.

No comments:

Blog Archive