Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fun

I have a lot more fun when I wake up in the morning thinking how I can make the world a better place in a small way, or how I can make my life better, or what I can do to exercise my creativity. I wish I could think of a way to make that my first thought instead of what I usually think - "What do I have to do today." Actually, none of us HAVE to do anything. I remember telling my mother that when I was around 5 or 6. She vehemently disagreed and pointed out a bunch of things we HAVE to do like eat and go to the bathroom. I still thought even those things were a choice - of course, you would die if you didn't do them, but it was still a choice. Gee - I had the secret of life all figured out before I was grown up. I just am impaired in putting it into practice. Maybe I should tape an index card to my forehead so when I wake I'll remember that the day ahead is all my own choices.

No comments:

Blog Archive