I believed that:
- it was possible to make other people happy.
- I was supposed to do everything "right" and then I would have no problems.
- the way to solve problems was to find out who was to blame and yell at them and complain to other people.
- the way to get people to like me was to always do everything they wanted me to do.
- the way to have prestige was to dress perfectly and look perfect.
- I would be happy as soon as I got everything I wanted.
- Being single meant you were unwanted.
- The purpose of life was to acquire as much money as possible.