- The produce is fresher and lasts longer.
- The produce doesn't have any pesticides on it.
- The meat doesn't have growth hormones.
- The milk doesn't have growth hormones
- The cheese doesn't have growth hormones
- The cows, chickens, etc. have not been tortured their whole lives.
- The eggs are from vegetarian chickens (they didn't eat other chickens) so the eggs are lower in cholesterol.
- The cows didn't eat other cows which means there's less chance of disease.
- By spending my money there, help the farmers make money by growing clean produce and caring for healthy cows, chickens, etc. I hope that when other food producers notice it pays to farm that way, they'll start doing it too.
- They have a lot of stuff I really like but can't get anywhere else - like canned lentils.
- Their flowers last twice as long but don't cost any more.
Monday, October 10, 2011
Why I Shop at a Ridiculously Expensive Grocery Store
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (55)
- ▼ October (7)
- ► 2010 (158)
- ► 2009 (218)
- ► 2008 (109)
- ► 2007 (51)