Saturday, August 06, 2011

Cool

It's over 110 today.  It was 117 Wednesday of last week.  I've taken to skipping my morning chores and dashing out the door before 8:00 a.m. so that I can run my errands before the pavement starts steaming.  I see by the weather report that it's supposed to get down into the 90s in a few days.  I'm ready.  I'm noticing that I'm not that upset about the heat.  I don't like it, but I'm just basically indifferent to the weather.  Basic problem solving:  Park in the shade.  Crack a window.  Put up the sun shade.  Take an ice pack to put on my neck when I have to get back in a hot car.  Turn the fans on.  Go places where I can park close and not have to walk far in the sun. 

It was Farmer's Market day and I got there about 7:45 a.m.  It wasn't that well attended - too hot already.  But to my surprise the vendors had more to sell than I thought they would.  Lots of tomatoes and okra.  A few green beans.  Lots of yellow squash and zucchini.  I was thrilled to find some summer vegetables even though the weather is like living in a desert than in a place where things grow. 

In this last leg of my journey, I am determined to enjoy absolutely everything I possibly can.  Even the blistering hot weather.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Yum!

Blog Archive